Monday, October 24, 2011

Season of Change

I love all the seasons.  I love how the world can change into a different place four times every year, treating your senses with the evolving sights, smells, and sounds.


This weekend was Eric's birthday.  It is another season of change as he enters into his fourtieth year!  We had a very busy, fun-filled weekend to celebrate this big year.


On Friday night I arranged for a group of our friends to surprise Eric at a local restaurant, Emory's.  It was nail-biting trying to get him to the restaurant without any suspitions, but we pulled it off!  As we walked up to the table everyone hid their faces in their menus, then popped up and yelled "Surprise!"  It was great!  We had a lot of fun, and the food was fantastic!


On Saturday Eric and I headed to the Suncadia Resort near Cle Elum, Washington.  The fall colors were absolutely amazing!!!  We couldn't have gone at a more perfect time!  We spent the evening relaxing, surrounded by the peaceful beauty.  It was a great retreat!






Sunday morning we drove back home in time to get to church.  That night we had our family celebration with cake and presents.




I made Eric's favorite, German chocolate cake.  In case you were counting, there were 20 candles on the cake.  If we'd had the full 40, I think we would have had the firefighter unit banging at our door!


The weekend turned out wonderful, full of friends and family, food and fun.  What more could you ask for?


Happy 40th Birthday, Eric!



No comments: