I had this really crazy dream....
------
Eric and I were housing several inmates in cells in our basement. They were complete prison cells, with bars and everything.
------
Then we went on vacation, and were gone for a week.
------
When we returned home, we realized we had not provided the means to take care of these inmates. No food, no water for one week.
------
Frantic, I told Eric to run downstairs and see if they were still alive while I called 911. I went through every agony of revulsion and despair thinking of what it would be like to be without food and water for a week. Then I rationalized that surely they would yell and scream until someone rescued them, but what if nobody heard??? And then I thought in great detail how we would be arrested and charged with neglect and abuse and possibly even manslaughter.....
------
As I woke from this dream, trying to shake myself out of that crazy in-between world of dreams and wakefulness, I described my dream to Eric. He said, "That's crazy! We don't even have a basement!"
------
Want to know the interpretation of the dream?

1 comment:
Before I had Isha I kept having dreams where I forgot to feed her. It was aweful!!! I guess it was some soon-to-be first-time mommy anxiety.
Post a Comment