Sunday, December 12, 2010

Commitment

Today was a busy Sunday.
******
I sang in a quartet this morning in church. Heidi was teaching her Sunday School class. I was supposed to teach the Beehives (which I ended up getting a sub for, thank goodness!) Eric gave a talk at another Ward. I had choir practice, with the song that I am accompanying on the violin. And tonight was the Adult Christmas Fireside, in which I participated in three of the numbers, one being the violin piece.
******
Last night as I was stressing over the song to be performed this morning, I was agonizing over the fact that Eric wouldn't be there to hear it. He would be going over to another church building to speak instead. Eric was also stressing over the talk he had to give. We were each pretty wrapped up in our own commitments.
******
This morning I sang my song. It turned out great. I was a little sad, though, thinking that Eric wasn't there to hear it.
******
After the meeting I decided I would slip out and go listen to Eric speak. When I got to the building, I could hear his voice piped out into the foyer, but I could tell that he hadn't been speaking very long yet, so I slipped into the back of the chapel. We caught eyes for a moment, and he continued on with his talk.
******
After the meeting, I waited for him in the back of the room. He told me it surprised him to see me walk in and it threw him off for a minute since he wasn't expecting to see me. We laughed about that.
******
Then he told me that he heard me sing. He stopped at the church before he went to his other meeting and was able to listen to it from the foyer.
******
That warm, wonderful feeling of being loved and loving in return is something that I never get tired of. Something as simple as being there means the world! Even though we have a list of commitments a mile long, number one on that list is each other.
******
I feel like I am the luckiest woman in the world.

2 comments:

Thelma said...

This made me happy!

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

You are both lucky Heather! It is rare now days that couples even care about each other. We are so glad that the two of you are "committed" to each other!