
I am a strange one when it comes to movies, especially the feel-good, motivational type. I almost always dig in my heels, not wanting to watch them. Part of me detests the cheesiness, and part of me dreads the inevitable upheaval of deep emotions that I encounter as I continue through the story.
-----
Yet, despite my unwillingness, I almost always love them.
-----
"The Blind Side" was no exception.
-----
I have put off watching it now for many months, despite hearing its praises from friends and strangers, even my teenage daughter. Heidi said it was"really good," with the emphasis only a teenager could add.
-----
So I gave in and rented it. As I was watching it last night I laughed more than I expected, cried just as much as I anticipated, and was thoroughly moved and entertained. It truly is a must-see.
The story, which amazingly is based on the lives of real people, really touched me. It made me ponder about what this world would be like if everyone befriended and helped inspire just one person. It would truly be a different place. And then it made me consider my own life. Have I been reaching out to those in need who are around me? Am I paying attention to the whisperings of the Spirit, prompting me to act when I might otherwise look the other way, or make that phone call another time? Have I hugged my children today and told them that I love them and am so proud of them?
-----
There can never be enough movies like that.
2 comments:
I agree. Movies like that make me cry every time I watch them... but of course, it's easy to make me cry. I cry at iphone commercials for heaven's sake.
Ditto:) We just recently watched The Blindside as well, and loved it. I didn't really know what to expect, but I fell in love with Sandra Bullock's character, she did a great job. Plus, it was just a feel good movie, really well done:)
Post a Comment