It's been a little while since I last posted. It's been hard to know what to write about. Some of my emotions and feelings seem a bit too personal for such an open forum, so I have avoided writing anything.
I wrote a letter to my unborn baby. I have heard that it can be therapeutic to write a letter to someone you are grieving over, so I thought I would give it a try.
It's a good idea. I recommend it to anyone. It felt so good to voice some feelings and questions, without fearing the response from someone who doesn't understand. I cried as I wrote it, and wondered if it would do more harm than good. But then as I read through it afterward, I felt like a burden had been lifted, even if only a little bit. Every time I read it now I feel more and more at peace.
So, things are definitely improving. Thank you for everyone's interest and concern. I have, at times, been so overwhelmed when friends and family have talked with me about how they experienced something similar. So many women, but hardly anyone ever talks about it. I hope you know you can talk to me about it. There is a special bonding in knowing that someone else understands your pain and crazy confusion of emotions!
Tomorrow I am going on a fun little adventure with my friend Janelle. We are going down to Seattle to attend a dental conference together, and like last year, are staying the night downtown. It should be fun and I am really looking forward to the trip! Hopefully I will have some crazy-fun, child-free adventures to write about in my next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment