Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Difficult Post

This is a difficult post to write, but I feel like I need to do it, not just to inform everyone, but also for my sake as well.


My pregnancy was cut short over the weekend when I first started spotting, then bleeding heavily. I had several blood tests done which confirmed what I was dreading.


I have never lost a pregnancy before now. It was a very raw, emotional experience. I feel like I am still reeling from it, and am afraid it won't be over any time soon. At times I almost feel normal, then all of a sudden I am overcome with emotion, until I feel like I am drowning in my grief.


I am so incredibly grateful for all the support from my family and friends! I don't know what I would have done without all of you, so thank you! Thank you for the cards, the food, the flowers, and especially the listening ear and shoulder to cry on!


We have a lot of ice cream in our freezer now.

11 comments:

Audrey said...

Hang in there Heather! Love you!

The Fab 4 From Washington said...

Oh Heather we are so sorry. This was a sad post for us to read. Take care of yourself and let us know if there is anything we can do to help your family.

Thelma said...

I'm so sorry Heather. I wish I had better words.

I'm glad you have ice cream.

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Oh no! I am so sorry Heather. Our prayers will be with you.

JoLyn said...

I read this post hours ago and I've been thinking of you all morning and feeling sad. I don't know what to say, except I'm so sorry.

Jen said...

I'm so sorry about your news. I have never had to deal with that so I don't know what to say other than hang in there and I will pray for you and your family.

Hammond Family said...

I'm so sorry! It's a difficult thing to have to endure. Hang in there and know that you are loved <3

Landon and Jill Beyler said...

I am so sorry to hear- I didn't even know that you were pregnant- but I have been there and my heart aches for you. Cuddle those sweet babies you have and know that we love you and our prayers are with you.

Landon and Jill Beyler said...

I am so sorry to hear- I didn't even know that you were pregnant- but I have been there and my heart aches for you. Cuddle those sweet babies you have and know that we love you and our prayers are with you.

Carrie said...

It sucks, and is so much more overwhelming than you think it will be. It's amazing how attached you become to a life growing inside you. You're in my prayers.

Susie said...

So sorry to hear that and hope you will feel comfort and peace as our Heavenly Father is mindful of you. I know what you are going through as I have experienced having a miscarriage before it was our first before we got pregnant with Trevor. It was not fun at all, but day by day it does get easier. Before you know it you will be expecting soon again!