
I just had a patient the other day who is deathly afraid of squirrels. You know, the cute little critters that daringly dash out in front of your car, just begging for some kind of ridiculous accident. (I am just now picturing explaining to an officer that you side-swept three cars on the side of the road because a squirrel ran out in front of you....)
Now, I can understand having a phobia over rats. I mean, they are dirty, gross, and ruin all sorts of pantry items which happen to be stored in the garage. They do not have bladders, so they pee everywhere as they scamper around. GROSS.
I can even see mice, they are just a miniature (and much cuter, I must say) version of a rat.
But squirrels?
She told me how she was traumatized last time she was at our office because a squirrel kept coming up to the window in the operatory (which is full length) and looking at her through the glass. Then when she got home afterwards there was another squirrel running all over her yard while she was trying to get into the house. She swore the office squirrel had to have followed her home.
Wow.
Now, I can understand having a phobia over rats. I mean, they are dirty, gross, and ruin all sorts of pantry items which happen to be stored in the garage. They do not have bladders, so they pee everywhere as they scamper around. GROSS.
I can even see mice, they are just a miniature (and much cuter, I must say) version of a rat.
But squirrels?
She told me how she was traumatized last time she was at our office because a squirrel kept coming up to the window in the operatory (which is full length) and looking at her through the glass. Then when she got home afterwards there was another squirrel running all over her yard while she was trying to get into the house. She swore the office squirrel had to have followed her home.
Wow.
1 comment:
How silly! BTW I love Erica's face in front of the Portland Temple. That rocks!
Post a Comment