Sunday, September 9, 2012

Birthday Boy

Hard to believe, but Ethan turned twelve years old on Friday!
 

He started the day opening presents before school.
 


Ethan's special gift this year was a scenic flight over Seattle! He is so excited!
 


After school, Ethan and Eric went with the 11-year-old scouts for his last campout with them. They had a great time hanging out with the boys. It was perfect weather.
 


Today we completed the celebration with Ethan's birthday cake. I used a new recipe and it turned out soooo yummy! It is a triple-layer rich chocolate cake with chocolate butter-cream frosting.
 


And did I mention it is covered in CANDY?!
 


Here is a view of his twelve "candles."
 



Today was a big day because Ethan was ordained to be a Deacon at church and given the Aaronic Priesthood. I am so proud of him and the young man he is becoming!
 


We love you, Ethan!
Happy Birthday!
 


No comments: