Elise "lost" her front tooth this weekend, and by lost I mean that I pulled it. It was hanging low, turning purple, and she was refusing to eat. So out comes my secret stash of topical anesthetic from dental hygiene school and a few Q-tips!
*******
Ethan was watching as I was performing the delicate procedure. Then as I was doing the final twist (you must do this part quick, with no hesitation!), he started turning green. I then asked him if he wanted to be next, since he has a leftover tooth just begging to be released and it is bothering him. He quickly darted out of reach and clamped his mouth shut. There would be only one tooth pulled today!!
*******
Of course, then Heidi and Ethan bemoaned the fact that I "always" pull their teeth and I am so mean. They were also adamant about how the "topical doesn't work, anyway!" Sorry, but I just can't stand seeing these dead little things flapping in the breeze! They hang on to them until they could be sneezed out!
2 comments:
I wish somebody had pulled my teeth out for me, I was such a baby. I remember once letting a tooth get so loose I could twist it all the way around, but I was still afraid to pull it out... kids are so gross!
Super cute:) Such a big girl:) I've pulled out all of Rhenley's loose teeth... she's so brave:) (I need some of that oinment:)
Post a Comment