Like all little kids, Elise has hit lots of milestones throughout her young life, they just happen to be at different times than is the "norm." Ever since we heard of her diagnosis when she was just a baby, we have been able to mark with pure pleasure and excitement all of her miracle milestones. Every one of them is an achievement that was never guaranteed, or even foreseen.
Today Elise hit a really important milestone!!!
Erica and Elise go to a friend's house during the days that I am working. When I went to pick up the girls after work today, my friend's husband told me that Elise stood up by herself today. I wasn't exactly sure what that meant, since she has never done anything like that before.
Well, tonight at home, Elise showed off her new skill with glee! She pulled herself up onto her feet into a standing position next to the couch, with Eric encouraging her on! Here's the proof!
(Sorry the video is so dark, the family room isn't light enough at night! Can you hear American Idol in the background?)
4 comments:
That is so exciting!!!! I'm tearing up! What a blessing to have her in your family!
I know, what a tear jerker! Elise is so special - thanks for posting this. Yay for standing u[!
This made me cry Heather! What a wonderful thing. I loved how she turned and waved. She's a precious little miracle girl.
Way to go Elise! You're making me cry. :) Awesome job!
Post a Comment