Monday, September 8, 2008

Eight is Great

Ethan turned the big and important eight years old on Sunday. I can't believe how big these kids are getting. His baptism is scheduled for October 11th. For his birthday he got some 8-year-old inspired gifts, like a nice new set of scriptures (green, because that is his current favorite color), and a Cub Scout uniform. He also got a new scooter, and some Legos and clothes from family members. I think overall he had a pretty good haul! Ethan has been obsessed with sharks recently, so I made him a cake with a shark on it. It was kind of a funny-looking, scraggly-toothed shark, but Ethan thought it was cool. (The teeth were almond slices, if you're wondering!) Plus, the candles sparked when they were lit, and that was cool! He had to practically spit on them to blow them out!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Erica's little seat! My sister-in-law had one of those for Payton. I need to ask her for it. I think Emma is almost old enough for it! Cute cake! Ethan looks so happy to get his own scriptures!